Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Challenge and Invitation!!!!!

OK, so I have decided that there are a bunch of people that are lurking.  Lurking the post and just seeing what's going on but never leave a comment and not up for the "Challenge/Invitation" and that is OK.  Maybe this is just suppose to be me reading the book and sharing and if that is the case, then that is what we will do and you can read along as I go. 
I would love it if some of you would be willing to jump in.  You can be anonymous if you like.  Not a problem with me.

So, I thought I would just give you a taste of what this book has in it.  The following is direct quotes from the book in the forward and introduction section.  So, I will share the quotes and let you think on them and then I will post thoughts about the first chapter by Friday. 

"Allowing people to get close to you means permitting them to see your flaws, your faults, your failures, and your fears-and that is most people's worst nightmare.  We want our lives to make a difference, but we don't want anyone to really know us.  We only want to share the sanitized story of our lives-just the high points. But that removes the drama of the struggle, the authenticity, and the power to impact others. "

"The journey has been about new internal realities as well as external realities.  God has also taken me places within myself I've never anticipated.  I've experienced the best and the worst about me.  In that process, God has become more real and more personal."

"The reading won't be easy or always pleasant-this is not a book to read when you're seeking a lighthearted romp through a make-believe world.  But if you're yearning for something you can't quite define, then you're ready for Dangerous Surrender."

"Don't be discouraged! I intentionally left the how-to's a bit vague.  Sure, it would have been easier if I had given you a step one, two, and three to becoming a dangerously surrendered man or woman of faith.  But that isn't real life.  No one arrives at spiritual maturity by following a formula-at least I haven't experienced that.  Instead, I've included a section at the end of the book with five or six questions per chapter to allow you to wrestle with the new thoughts and ideas stirred up by your reading.  These questions probe beneath the surface to help you as you process your reactions and come up with responses that will eventually lead to a shift in your thinking and behavior."

So, are you challenged? Are you up for it? Want to jump in?  I'm excited and ready.  I have read Chapter 1 and have been so challenged already. I can't wait to share!!!!!!!!

Doula Mama Pam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Sounds like one I'll put on my "to read" list.