Thursday, December 4, 2008

December is soooooo busy!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

How is your December going? Mine seems to be about to explode off of the calendar. It is just a little on the nuts side. Meetings, parties, more meetings, of course a delivery in there and possibly another and more meeting and parties. It is amazing how fast a calendar can fill up with this and that and the businesses that we all get wrapped up in. It just is overwhelming if I stop and think about it.
This week, our family celebrated the birthday of my oldest child. He is now 20 years old. He is no longer a teen and everyone keeps reminding me that he will be "legal" next year. That is not a concern for me. I'm not worried about him turning 21. I just need to focus on the here and now. He is going to school, landed a GREAT internship with NC State and has an awesome girlfriend and has a good head on his shoulders. I love him dearly. It is really hard at times. He is very busy and very social. He has more friends on his Facebook that I can count. He is one of those that everyone loves to talk to, chat with, and discuss their concerns and problems with. He has had more life experience than most and the Lord seems to use that with his friends. How grateful I am for the fact that he can be that person that people trust and know that they can talk to. He is just awesome. On the mother's side, "I MISS MY BABY". I get to see him and he calls and sends e-mails but boy, it's just not the same when you wish he would stay for a weekend and sleep in the other room and I could wake him up in the morning and he would lay on the couch all day or go shopping with me. You know, all those things. He is growing up and why in the world we make it so hard to let them do that. We have to trust them to make the right decisions and when they don't, we have to let them learn and not fix it for them. That is so difficult but it's part of learning. I know many of you know exactly what I am talking about and some of you may not have experienced this yet because yours are still at home and very dependent on you. I am in a very different place. I have one that is learning to fly and on the other hand I still have a little one at home. Yes, I have a 23 month old at home. One extreme to the other. How awesome is that. So, this week I celebrated my oldest coming out of his teens and next month I celebrate the 2 year old birthday. Life is good and God is GREAT!!!!!
I am proud of all of my children. I know that you are proud of yours. Don't forget to tell them on a daily basis. Don't forget to tell them that you love them and how much God loves them. Remind them of the plans that the Lord has for them. His plans are much bigger than anything we can imagine. So, as I leave for work this morning and many of you do the same. Hug your child and kiss them. They are truly a gift.
Kyle, I am soooooooooooooooooo proud of you and love you sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!! God has HUGE plans for you, just watch and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Mom

No comments: