Sunday, April 15, 2012

Living Hope

Last week I mentioned that we had talked about the Resurrection in Sunday School and it had left me with so much to consider and to think about this week.  Well, today was another repeat of what we did last week. We had scripture to discuss, which I included at the end of the post, and it was one of those "Aah-Haa" moments. It was just amazing.  It was one of those times when you have read that scripture numerous times and you think you understand it and then you read it again and WOW, it just blows you away!!!!!! 

We talked about having a Living Hope.  It is something that is very real. It is very powerful.  It can and should determine what and how we live each day.  So I was thinking about those to words.  So lets take them and run with it so to speak.

Living.  Christ, came to this earth as fully human and fully God. That in itself to me is something that I, to this day, still have a hard time wrapping my human mind around.  He came here and lived on this earth and never sinned. He died a horrible death on a Roman cross and was buried. He rose again on the third day. He ascended into Heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father. He is living. He is alive. He is listening. He is caring. He is everywhere. He is powerful. He is interceding for me. He is ALIVE!!!!!!!!  He is living. There is no doubt about it!!!!!!

Hope- probably one of my favorite words and most misused words. Hope is often used so lightly.  We "hope" we get that job. We "hope" that we get that raise. We "hope" we have time to do this or that.  We even go so far as to say that we "hope" that Jesus will answer our prayer. We "hope" He will do this or that for us.  We have a HOPE.  We have real hope. When we pray we should ask EXPECTING!!!!!  We use it so lightly, and we should use it with confidence. I mean if we think about this and consider....His word has stated that He hears and listens and he answers!!!!!!!!!  Do you and I really believe that? Do we really get it? There is so much in that simple 4 little letter word. There is so much power in it!!!!!  It has really challenged my prayer life to the point of being CONFIDENT that He hears and will answer.  It doesn't mean that the answer will be what Pam wants but what is best and that is where my confidence and hope can be. 

So now lets put the words together.  Living Hope.  We can come to a Living Lord with our Hope!!  I can come before Him with whatever is coming at me and ask that He will give me what is needed and KNOW that he will.  Is that powerful? Does that give you power? Does that mean that you and I should live differently? Does that mean we should claim that power on a daily basis?  ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! I walked out of Sunday School with my head held high realizing that there is nothing that my Living Hope can't handle. He is my Living Hope!!!!!!!!!
What about you?  Do you have this Living Hope? Do you want to know more about my Living Hope?  Just let me know!!!!! I would love to share it with you!

Pondering,
Pam
Scripture we discussed
1Peter 1:3
Eph. 1:15-23
Eph. 2:4-7
Eph. 3:14-21
John 12:23-24

No comments: