Tuesday, June 23, 2009

THANKFUL TUESDAYS

THANKFUL TUESDAYS!!!!!!

In the midst of the stess of everyday life we sometimes need to stop and count our blessings. The old hym "Count Your Blessings" always comes to mind when I start to ponder things like this. "Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings see what God has done. Count your blessings name them one by one. Count your many blessings see what God has done." I know you can just picture singing that in church.

Ok, in the midst of the week that I have experienced, it seemed rather hard to even start this list BUT when you get going, those things that seem to be so overwhelming and things that you have no idea why or what or even who was in the middle of it. GOD will always be there!!!!!! So, here we go.........

1-Thankful for a loving and supporting husband who married me and loves me inspite of me.
2-My beautifully handsome 2 1/2 year old that keeps me in stitches.
3-My "Head-On-Straight" 20 year old that makes me so proud.
4-My friends that have stuck beside me when circumstances arose and I couldn't see the end of my nose.
5-For Godly parents that just celebrated 44 years of marriage----We don't hear that very often.
6-Thankful for a church family that is so involved in supporting and ministring to a lost and dying world. We are teaching over 300 children this week in VBS that God loves them.
7-Thankful for a Prayer Ministry that can storm the gates of Heaven for the Lost, the Sick, the Hurting and the Lonely.
8-Thankful for the challenges that I face everyday because I have a God that is bigger than any of the challenges that come my way.
9-Thankful for time that I have to spend with my family in the midst of the stess.
10-Thankful for what the Lord has allowed me to do as a Doula, a Childbirth Educator-in-Training and a Prenatal Fitness Instructor. He opens the opportunity. It is up to me to walk in His direction.

OK....now it's your turn. I can keep going but I want you to do it now. In the midst of this life that we are in........grab a piece of paper and a pen or even the comment section and list 10 things you are thankful for. If you are having "One of THOSE days"....this will change your entire focus...I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!

Laboring With You,
Doula Mama (Pam)

No comments: