Friday, July 23, 2010

WHEW!!!!! What a week!!!!!

Well, this has for sure been a week. Totally out of my office and working with an MD. Although, I can't complain because he is one of my all time favorite's to work with. I thought I would share a bit about this MD because of the fact that if you are looking for a Christian MD, they are sometimes hard to find, he would be the one that you would absolutely love. He will probably fuss because I am doing this and I didn't ask his permission.

His name is Dr. D. That is what we all call him anyway. I think we have done that since the day he arrived. It just kind of stuck. He even has a few patients that call him that. Anyway, his name is Dr. Delcambre. He has been and Ob/Gyn for years and is just wonderful. He is a hard worker and strives very hard to make sure that his patients get what they need. We have even had situations this week where we saw patients that we have been seeing for numerous years, delivered their children and when they come in, it's like visiting with a friend that you have known forever. We even saw one of our patients who was dealing with a separation and lots of other just "stuff". He spent an hour with her. How many physicians do you know that would be willing to sit and talk, encourage, listen and PRAY with you for AN HOUR!!!!! Yes, it may put us a bit behind and everyone is not in need of that but if you are, he is the man to come see.

We joke that he should be a midwife with MD behind his name. He is spectacular in a delivery room before during and after a delivery. He is patient, caring, nurturing, supportive, and encouraging. Of all the physicians that I have worked with he is the one that does NOT break down the bed. Mom wants to deliver on her side then that is what we do. Mom wants to to walk, stand or squat, that is what we do. He encourages them, relaxes them, and is just AWESOME!!!! He is the OB that delivered my Kaleb and if I could do it again, he would deliver the next. He is wonderful in an emergency situation. He doesn't raise his voice. He is not harsh with anyone.

So, all of that being said, I had the honor of working with him this past week while his nurse was on vacation. Of course I got NOTHING done in my office but that really didn't matter because I was working with Dr. D. Next week will be slammed in my Hole in the wall office but that's OK.

I hope you had a great week. I am exhausted but had a great week.

Laboring with You,
Doula Mama Pam

No comments: