Monday, August 9, 2010


Well, I am totally worn out. It was a BUSY weekend and that is putting it lightly!!!!!! We hit the ground running on Friday night and we literally didn't stop until last night when it was time to finally lay down and go to sleep.
So, here is a re-cap of the nut-ness that we experienced this weekend.
Friday Night was dinner at Olive Garden with Heather and her boyfriend. I know it was 100 degree's outside but I still ordered soup and salad. It was SOOOOO good. Had to stop in at Bo's work. They had bee's- yes- yellow jackets- coming in the patent's room at the nursing home. Not a pretty picture. So we had to stop and check on this and that. Got home and went to bed.
Saturday morning, my sweet husband let me stay in the bed until 8:30am. It was clear I needed it but at the same time, I had pre-posted about running and going to the gym which was not going to happen. I don't think I had it in me to go anyway.
We went to the bowling alley to let Kaleb bowl. They were going to be setting the world record for the most games bowled in a day with the USBC. He got a certificate and did great. We made it to the 7th frame before he decided he had had enough. For sure there will be pictures on Wednesday. This was followed by a trip to Wally-World for groceries. Then it was home, prepare 2 dishes for the Kennedy Family Reunion. We finished in time to drive to Clemmons and eat way to much food!!!!! Then it was stopping in to check on the bee situation at the nursing home. Get home and back to bed.
Sunday was going to early church and then teach Sunday School and then back home to turn around and leave for the Baby Baby Event with Triad Mommies and PADA. It was great to see other fellow Doula's. I got home at 4pm and thought "IF I SIT DOWN, I WON'T GET UP" So I proceeded to prepare 2 chicken dishes, scoop watermelon balls, prepare dinner, cook baked beans and wash dishes and do laundry.
I don't honestly remember hitting the pillow with my head last night.
I am worn out just typing it all and guess what......we started all over again this morning at 6am.....
I am praying this week will be a bit calmer but I am not holding my breath.
I do have a lot I would like to share that I learned this weekend. Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!

Laboring with You,
Doula Mama Pam

No comments: