Friday, January 9, 2009

I AM SICK!!!!!

Dear Bloggers,

I am afraid that I have come down with a severe case of the Doula-Bug. For those of you in medical profession, I don't think there is a CPT code or and ICD-9 code for such a virus/illness. I have discovered something VERY strange.
I can have a VERY busy day at work. Most days are great and a normal busy but we all have those days that you are just ready to close the door and pretend that you are not there. I had a good day yesterday (Thursday). It was the normal busy day. Several surgeries to schedule, one new OB patient and my head was completely stopped up. As the day went on, the head was getting worse. I went and had a visit at lunch with one of my Mom's who delivered before Christmas. That was sooo much fun. Her little girl is precious. She had her all dressed up, wide awake and ready. I got some great pictures. Visited with Mom for a little while and talked with her. Of course when I deliver the pictures to her on Saturday, I will see if I can share her with you here on the Blog. Anyway, back to my diagnosis. I was feeling pretty yucky when I left to go over but when I left their apartment, I had no feelings of yucky any longer. I didn't really think much about it until I walked into the building. BAM!!!! Can't breathe, my head has all this pressure in it and my eyes are watering. I made it through the afternoon and talked to my hubby a few times and knowing I needed to go and visit a new Mom right after work. I wasn't sure if I could make it. Do I call and cancel? Do I reschedule? What to do? Well, I decided to go. I got a bit turned around. I called her and found the house. Oh she is precious. I had actually seen her at the Childbirth Class that I attended. We chatted about this and that and her pregnancy and how she was feeling and setting up another meeting and when and what we needed to talk about. Exchanged phone numbers and e-mail addresses. In the back of my mind I am thinking...."I don't feel like I did, maybe I am getting better". Well, let's just say that when I left, I felt like a NEW WOMAN!!!!! No symptoms whatsoever. Now, I know that I am not a doctor, nor a nurse for that matter BUT I am convinced that I have the DOULA-BUG.
Symptoms-a strong desire to serve the expecting mother and her family.
a strong passion to do what the Lord has called you to do.
a strong passion for teen moms, young moms, middle moms and more mature
moms to have the birth experience that they will not forget.
a strong passion to be there, answer questions no matter what they maybe.
Treatment-Serve them the best way possible. Be there for them. Love them. Have compassion. A listening ear. Encourage them that this is what they were created for.

I have been officially diagnosed by ME. There is my passion. There is what the Lord is calling me to do. There is a certain sense that comes over me that I can not explain to anyone. It is just a sense of being in the center of His Will. It's ALOT of hard work. It requires MUCH sacrifice on a lot of people and yet, there is great reward when it's done for Him. I'm just overwhelmed at times at this adventure. I am going to start doing some research on how to make this a full blown ministry. I don't know how that is done. I have no idea of what that means. I don't know but HE DOES!!!!! Is that a blessing or what???????

I will pursue my "Treatments" and love the "cure". Pray with me. Please pray for the Mom's that call on me. May I be there for them and the He would shine through me.

Love and Prayers,
Pam

No comments: