Thursday, November 5, 2009
I received this e-mail from my dear friend Marsha who is a missionary in the Ukraine. It spoke VOLUMES to me. I can't tell you how many times I have read it and read it again. I hope that it encourages you as much as it does me. I asked her if I could share it and she said yes. Read through it and pray through it.
I was sitting at my desk this morning - thinking and praying through many, many things. I heard the song (I am Persuaded) on Travis Cottrell's new CD (thank you Peggy). It's from Romans 8:38-39. Thought you might need this as much as I did.
"For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus."
It reminds me that the love of God is always right there with me where ever I am - and nothing can take that away from me -
- Not the glumy Kiev weather
- Not the smelly apartment next door
- Not the dreary, old apartment I live in
- Not the drunks on the benches in the park
- Not the babushka who told me to stop eating until I learned the language
- Not the misunderstandings of Americans who want to come to "do" a mission trip with no thought of impacting the culture for Christ
- Not the declining dollar or our declining company benefits
- Not the breaker box in the hall that keeps breaking when I try to dry clothes in the dryer with the lights on in the apartment
- Not the sister who adds ridiculous requests to my work among the ladies here
Nope, none of those things separate me from His love. Although I have to admit, they often cause me to forget His nearness, His power, and His call to be "in Him" in the moment. I pray He forgives me every time my mind is overwhelmed with circumstances!
Have a wonderful day.
Laboring with You,
Doula Mama Pam