Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bible Study

What are you doing for Bible Study right now?
Are you doing a book that someone has written?
Are you doing a book of the Bible, studying through it?

Well, I am sure that many would tell me that I am absolutely nuts but I promise that I am not.

I am blessed to be in Bible Study Fellowship this year. It is an absolutely awesome program. We are studying the book of Isaiah and I am just blown away. It is so current and so very relevant to present day. I get so frustrated when I hear people say that they don't study the Old Testament because it doesn't apply to today........Well, I am hear to say...Just read the first chapter of Isaiah and it could change your mind. Totally excited!!!!!! There is something about being with approx. 600 women. Yes, 600 women in one place all hungry for the Word of the Lord!!!!! So very exciting!!!!!!

On Wednesday night I am in a study with the women of our church doing Experiencing God. I am sure that many of you have done that study. If you have not, I would highly encourage you to get a couple of people together and jump into this study with both feet. I have done it at least twice in the past and wouldn't change a thing. Going through it again just reminds me of what I know and sometimes take for granted. As I go through the study, I may share with you on here what we are learning and maybe some of the quotes from the study. It is a life changing experience. I'm excited because I am in a group of women from church that I don't get to see very often and some women that I don't know. It's just wonderful.

Thirdly, our Pastor is going through the book of Joshua. AWESOME book. Of course, it's Old Testament but let me tell you, it is power. All of His word is POWER!!!! Amazing part is how I can be working or reading and it all works together. Amazing God that we serve. It is just absolutely amazing and I am just overwhelmed at how He is on EVERY page. He planned it and He wrote it!!!!!!!!

Why in the world would I do 3 at a time. IT KEEPS ME IN HIS WORD!!!!!! I love it so much. Studying His word.
Digging in His word.
Praying in His word.
TOTALLY CHANGES YOU!!!!!!

Need to get busy today. Praying that you have a wonderful day.

Laboring With You,
Doula Mama Pam

No comments: