Wednesday, June 29, 2011

THIS IS NOT A DIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Made to Crave is a book written by Lysa Terkurst.  She is the president of Proverbs 31 Ministries.  I had heard about this book on the radio and they were actually reading from it in the mornings and she was on there and I just thought, "This is so simple. Why can't I seem to get it?"  Well, to be honest, I had kind of put it on the back burner for a while.  Then I get a Kindle for Mother's Day.  LOVE MY KINDLE.  Anyway, we are getting ready for this trip and thought I would get a couple of things to read and do on the plane because Hubby would probably be asleep.  Well, the 21-Day Devotional Challenge popped up and it was either FREE or very inexpensive so I bought it. 

WOW!!!!!!  I read the entire thing in one flight.  I know. I know. It's a 21 day devotional.  It was suppose to last 21 days.  Let me tell you, it sucked me in and there was NO putting it down.  I loved it!!!!!  I get home and a couple days later, a friend of mine on Facebook puts up a quote from he book!!!!!!!  OK, so now I have to go and get the book that goes with this challenge/devotional that I devoured on the plane.  Let me just give you an idea.
THIS IS NOT A DIET!!!!!!
This is just wonderful.  It is just freeing and that is the only way I know how to put it!!!!!!
Here are just a few quotes from the challenge/devotional......

**God made us capable of craving so we'd have an unquenchable desire for more of Him, and Him alone.  Nothing changes until we make the choice to redirects misguided cravings to the only One capable of satisfying them.

**It's possible to muster up the occasional gumption to avoid the slippery slope of compromising a diet.  But more often than not, we need measures of accountability.  For me, one of the most effective accountability measures has been mutually tracking progress with a friend.

**I fully realize that my body as a temple may not be God's most grand dwelling.  However, I want to lift up to the Lord my willingness to dedicate my exercise as a gift to Him and myself.  This one un-divides my heart and reminds me of the deeper purposes for moving my body.

**Just because a woman is skinny doesn't mean that she's healthy.  The struggles are similar, just in a different size package.

**Boundaries are not restrictive fences meant to keep you from enjoying life, but gifts from a God who cares about your well-being.

**Tying our happiness to food, skinny jeans, relationships, or anything else sets us up for failure.  But tying our security, joy, and identity to God's love is an anchor that we can cling to no matter what the circumstances.

I am sure once I get the book, there will be MUCH more to follow!!!!!!!!!!  Have you read the book?????

Doula Mama Pam

No comments: