Monday, June 25, 2012

When He Speaks

Today we were back to the "norm" of running around as we usually do.  I was riding in the car in the midst of a million errands that had to get done today.  My focus was not where it should be and I could feel it.  Not only mentally but physically and emotionally.  Kaleb wanted to listen to his CD in the car that has all of these really cool, short, and easy to learn Bible songs and most of which, he has learned and will even sing along.  Precious!!!!!

I love listening to him when he sings those songs.  It is one of my treasures for sure.  Today, Kaleb fell asleep in the back seat.  I was singing the songs and not realizing that he was not.  I never changed it even after I realized he was asleep.  It was at that time that I realized and listed to what I was singing.  I was singing the old Sunday School Song of "Joshua fought the battle of Jericho".  If you know it you are probably singing it in your head.  Anyway, on of the lines in the song says something to the effect
"Go blow those ram horns for the battle is in My hands."
Now to the average person this may not seem like a huge AhHa moment.  For me this afternoon it was!!!!  It was the Lord using a simple song from a child's song to tell me..."I got this. Let me have it."  I know that we all like to say that we turn things over to the Lord and then we get up from our knees and pick it back up and try to "help" Him.  Well, that is what I have been doing.  I lay it down and pick it up and try to help. 
He has this.
He knows better than me.
He loves me.
He is in control. 
It took a child's song
and
He can use anything. 
Thank you Lord for speaking to me. 

Pondering,
Pam

No comments: