Monday, September 19, 2011

WHAT A WEEK!!!!!!!!

I am not sure that I can even put into words what all has happened this week.  It has been like nothing else.  It was just another reminder for me that He is ultimately in control and Pam is not!!!!! 
Grab a cup of coffee and lets get going on this because there is so much to share.

Monday-9/12- Well, this was the beginning of a wild week.  My Mom had her surgery on this day.  They were able to get all of the cancer and checked her lymph nodes and they were all CLEAR!!!!  I was receiving text all during the day and it was so hard to contain my excitement. I thought I was going to bust out and have church right there in the meeting.  I was in Orientation.  It was also my first day at my new job and starting a week of Orientation.  I was stunned and what an opportunity that I had stepped into.  It was absolutely overwhelmingly-amazed (not sure if that is a word or not).Kaleb was also having a big day.  He was the new kid in the room at a new day care.  I knew he was in good hands and just praying that he was having a good day and behaving. It was all going to be very different and very new and very structured.  To top of such a day it was also my birthday and the Facebook messages, the texts, the e-mails and the cards were just unbelievable.  It was a Monday that will not be forgotten very soon at all.  Even as I sit and type this it seems like it was so long ago.

Tuesday-9/13-I was back at Orientation and learning more and more.  There was benefits. There was history of the hospital. There was meeting with all of the new employees of the hospital and all kinds of information on infection, and so very much to remember.  Kaleb was having a wonderful day at school.  His report from yesterday was wonderful and I was just praying that he was continuing with that.  Mom and Dad were home.  She was discharged a couple of hours after her out patient procedure and she was recovering well. 

Wednesday-9/14- Getting back in the swing of being at work.  Orientation was now going to focus on what I was going to be doing.  I was so excited.  Everyone in this group were training for a NS(Nurse Secretary).  Some were already Nurse Techs (NT) and they were transitioning into being NS as well.  They already had a lot of the information but some was still new to them.  We get a 3 ring binder with so much more information.  WOW!!!  INFORMATION OVERLOAD!!!!!  At the same time, I am so very grateful because in my old position at work I was required to go into the hospital information and retrieve information on our patients, I knew my way around a bit.  It made things so much easier.  Kaleb had a great day!!!!!!!

Thursday-9/15- Back to Orientation.  Meeting at round table talking about charts and how they are put together and where charts go with different scenario's.  Most made sense but at the same time I had my notebook sitting in front of me.  On the floor I would have it for a while and then not anymore.  I had a meeting with my Supervisor after this day.  It was a WOW moment and little of "OH MY GOODNESS".  A meeting that wouldn't last to long was about 1 1/2 hours of more information.  I was totally.....speechless.  To see the schedule with the color codes and the abbreviations was just incredible. My immediate thought was...."what if I can't remember all of this when I get home?" 

Friday-9/16-Last day of Orientation and we get to have lunch with the VP of the hospital.  She was wonderful and very down to earth.  Typically you would think that they would be in an office and not be seen but that is so not the case.  We got a tour of the hospital.  I knew it was big but WOW!!!!!  That was amazing.  Now if I can just remember how to get from one end to the other.....hahahaha. 
Mom went back to check in with the surgeon that did her surgery to get the final path report.  They had good clear margins and the lymph nodes were clear.  PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!

That was my week. I am tired just thinking about it all over again.  I sit and am just amazed and what the Lord did this week.  This had absolutely nothing to do with me.  NOTHING!!!!  It was all HIM!!!!!  And to Him all the glory!!!!!!
Today I am off and reviewing all of my notes and getting a small notebook ready for my first day on the floor tomorrow.  I have a great person to work with for the next 3 weeks. 
Laundry and ironing is done.  Dishwasher has run. Beds are made. Had 2 cups of coffee (Ukrainian of course) and now to review and process and before long it will be time to pick up Little Man.  Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by!!!!!!!

Pam

No comments: