Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sons

I have been blessed beyond measure with 2 boys.  Yes, they maybe 18 years apart but I wouldn't have it any other way.  They are both blessings.  I am just amazed that the Lord so richly blessed me with them.  Kaleb is 4 1/2 and keeps me young and on my toes.  He is a sweetheart and loves to snuggle.  He loves to make his point and make sure that you heard what he said and then make you laugh in the midst of trying to correct him. 

Kyle, well he is soon to be 23.  I still just tremble when I say that or even type it.  It can almost be overwhelming and then makes me wonder where in the world has the time gone.  I doesn't seem that long ago he was Kaleb's age.  Just amazes me.  For the last year or so, he has been trying to find "the photography" job that he wants.  You see, he has an eye for a photography like nothing I have ever seen.  He can point and click and it is just amazing.  His favorite line when people find out he is a photographer is "I don't shoot people".  He's not kidding.  That is NOT his thing.  Give him a car, an engine, a Pepsi can, the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge and you will be amazed.  He is a featured photographer on a blog, been in multiple magazines and just recently, made cover on an automotive magazine.  Give him a drift even and you would think he was in heaven.  Just amazing!!!!!!!! 
He interviewed for a job about 4 weeks ago. And we waited.  He had a 2nd interview and we waited.  Then a 3rd with a "Director" of sorts and once again we waited.  This job would require training for 2 weeks in Florida, a possible move to Raleigh, an opportunity for Kyle to stand on his own 2 feet.  We, his family, have prayed, and prayed and prayed.  Last week he went for the 3rd interview and was told that he would know something by the first of the week.  It was between Kyle and another candidate.  I thought we were all going to have a nervous breakdown.  Nothing still on Wednesday.  Kyle e-mailed and then called on Thursday and left a message.  Found out someone had a family emergency but would let him know by end of the day on Friday.  Well, Friday arrived and I thought I was going to bust when he called me about 3:15pm and told me...."I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!"  I was sooooo excited!!!!!!!  I hung up the phone and was being loud in the car when Kaleb very politely said...."Mommy, you are being to loud". 
We now have a flight itinerary and dates for training.  We are all so excited for him!!!!!!!!  This is a great job and will still allow for some of his other shoots.  So much to plan for. So much to do.

All of this to say....Kyle, we are sooooo very proud of you!!!!!  We love you so much!!!!!!  We can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for you!!!!!!!!!  What an opportunity!!!!!!  What a blessing you are!!!!!!!

Love you,
Mom, Dad, Bo, Lynn, Amber, Mema and Papa McManus, MeMa and Papa Hendrix, Kaleb, Jeff and Ashley, Kris and Kent, Mike, and the rest of the family members!!!!!!!!!

No comments: