Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Testimony Tuesday


This was a post that I did about 2 weeks ago for our church's women's ministry blog. We have and still are going through some very difficult times with our daughter and Bo has been my rock. So I thought it appropriate to share how awesome the Lord is and how much He loves me with not only my church family but those who may read my blog. Thanks for stopping by.

What does your Knight or Prince Charming look like to you? Is he perfect in every way? Is he tall, handsome, have eyes that make you melt, a set of six pack abs, is patient, kind, gentle, understanding? Is he a Godly Man? A man after God's own heart?Well, today I just want to testify to what God can do and has done in my life. You see, when Bo and I met, he learned probably in the first date or 2 about my daughter. She has some serious issues and some things that she is working through. She was actually at that time in a placement in Winston Salem and there had been a crisis that we needed to address. We went, crisis over and I knew that I would not hear from him again after that. Well, I was wrong. He continued to call and we continued to date and he learned all about what was going on in that situation. The hard part was that I was going to have to allow him to help me. Now, I was in the process of learning some independence and the last thing I thought I needed was the good looking guy, tall, eyes that made me melt, to help me. I was a big girl and I could handle it........NOT!!!!!!!! I needed him and the Lord knew I needed him. I didn't like giving up this new found independence but the Lord said that this is what I had to do. Bo and I married in 2008.This past week, God in His sovereignty, that I don't understand at times, allowed my daughter to come and stay with us for a period of time. We don't know how long. We don't know exactly what the next step is for her but I do know one thing.....God knew that I was going to need Bo. Bo knew way before me that I would need him but I had to make the choice. I'm here to say that I am so glad I let go of that independence. I could not have made it the last several days without him. He has stepped in and dealt with attorneys, probation officers and a million other people in the midst of what could be chaos. This is NOT what I had planned before. This is NOT what I thought would happen. This is NOT a surprise to the Lord. He knows what He is doing and I have to trust Him. I also have to let my husband be the man that he was created to be. He has let me cry, let me scream, let me just sit and be quiet and not say a word. He let me go and get my hair done because I needed it for me and that is not something I am good at doing. So, in the midst of my chaos and my stress, God placed with me with a Prince and my Knight and for that I can testify that God loves me and has a plan for me. Praise Him!!!!!!
In Him Only,
Doula Mama Pam

1 comment: