Friday, May 14, 2010

International Doula Month

What an exciting time this month is. I am so excited. For the rest of the days of May, I hoping to be able to share with you exactly what a Doula is and what we do.
Do you know what a Doula is? Have you ever hired a Doula? If you have, would you do it again?

A Doula is a childbirth coach, a woman servant to a woman in childbirth, a Labor Assistant, and a multitude of other names. We have a compassion for woman and knowledge that we want to share!!!!! We are always honored to be invited into such an intimate time with any woman. We are there for support through emotional, physical, spiritual, psychological support. We are knowledgeable about birth and all of the many facets of bringing a new life into this world.

I have sent out an e-mail and a Facebook request to a lot of my "Moms", their family members, fellow Doula's and even a couple of physicians to ask about having a Doula, why you would want a Doula and some other questions. I am excited to share them with you. I can't wait. Along the way for the rest of the month, of course I will continue with "Family-Time" and other normal Mothering The Mother fun stuff. It's going to be an exciting time and can't wait to get started. My most supportive Doctor received my e-mail last night and has already responded. I can't wait to share it.

If you have thoughts or questions or want to leave a comment, feel free to do so. I would love to hear from you!!!!!!!!!

Laboring With You,
Doula Mama Pam

No comments: