Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Well, its Sunday evening and I know that this is a post that should have been up a long time ago today but it has taken til now to get it on here so bear with me.
FIRST OFF---- Happy Father's Day!!!!!! I have been blessed with an awesome Father!!!!! I was, think I still am, Daddy's little girl, even if I am 40 something. My Daddy has always been a strong Christian, hard working and loving man. Yes, he can discipline but only when it was necessary and I truly believe that "It hurt him more than me". He has stood beside me when I made mistakes, hurt and disappointed him but he never stopped pursuing me and pushing me to be what I could be. For that Daddy, I love you!!!!!!!

Secondly, this is the part that breaks my heart and it just hurts me to know that others are hurting. No names will be mentioned but when they read, they will know who they are.
I have a great friend. We have know each other for over 20+ years. He is an awesome man. We haven't seen each other except in photo's on line here and there since 1986....wow it's been a long time. Anyway, he has a daughter. Not sure when the last time he laid eyes on her but she has chosen to forget the fact that he exist. How does one do that when you know how much they love you and how much they care. I sent him a text this morning to wish him a Happy Father's day and it was bittersweet the response I got. It just broke my heart.
I have another friend that I have known for about .....well, I'm not really sure, she has just kind of always been there. Her situation is a bit different. You see, her father doesn't agree with her family, she and her husband, and he has chosen to behave in a manner that takes she and her family out of his life. To the point of acting as if she doesn't exist. I know that today is a hard day for her. I can't imagine. She still loves him. She still cares about him. He has made a choice and that choice has affected so many in her life. I have been thinking of her all day and I hope she knows it.
I have another friend. He is a dear sweet man. He is a prayer warrior. He is a friend. He is such a man after the Lord's heart. I have seen him weep over lost friends and family. Today his children didn't acknowledge him. For the life of me I don't get it. Do we have any idea what our choices do to those precious loved one's around us?
I could go on and on and on. If you are having a difficult day today, please know that you have been on my heart. I have been praying for you even if I don't know you by name.

Laboring With You,
Doula Mama Pam