Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2 post on one day??? What a shocker!!!!

Well, today has been interesting so far. We were running late this morning and my hubby tripped in Kaleb's room and out of Kaleb came..."Daddy, you fall down?". I am sure he will feel it in the morning but we could nothing but laugh at the moment. Stopped in at the gas station for a quick $10 (that doesn't buy much) so I could at least get to work. Working with an doctor (my Midwife) and get a migraine in the middle of the morning. What a day. What a time to get a massive headache.

Well, I was thinking last night while my oldest had gone to pickup his girlfriends present and hubby was snoozing in the recliner and little one laying in my lap while we watched some show about scary water creatures (he was all into it), what about Christmas?
Have I totally missed it this year?
Have I totally been so wrapped up in this and that that I have forgotten?
What Christmas songs have I been singing or should I say NOT singing?
What baking have I done?
Am I excited about it?
Do I just want it to be over so I can clean up my house?

I have really struggled this year with just being excited and "in the holiday spirit". I think while sitting last night I realized why.
BUSY!
We have been so busy that I missed it.
I missed reserving a Saturday to destroy the kitchen while baking.
I missed going out and getting little Christmas ornaments for everyone.
We made the decision between Bo and I that we would not exchange this year and that has been a major change for me that I have really struggled with.
I don't even have anything wrapped yet because we are so busy.
Can you tell what my New Years Resolution is going to be?
I just need to stop.
I need to slow down and enjoy the holidays and the time together with family.

What about you?
Are you busy?
Have you been to the manger this year?
I will confess, I have not and I am headed there ASAP to get back on track!
Have you missed out on the meaning of Christmas because you are so busy?

It's time to refocus. It's time to go back to the manger and remember. It's time to remember that if we didn't have a manger, we wouldn't have a cross and there would be no relationship.

I'm praying that you have a wonderful day. Refocus and remember!!!!!

Laboring with You,
Doula Mama Pam

No comments: