Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reality-Check-In

Listening to the radio this morning and hearing that today is the first anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti.  Wow, where did the year go?
There is still so much to do and what I am I doing about it?
There seems to be so much going on at present that it seems that you have to say......"Can we just stop for a few minutes and take a breath?"  Wouldn't it be great if that were the case? 
We had a "snow day" yesterday.  I got up with this huge idea that I was going to get "all of this stuff done".  Guess what?
I did manage to blog. I answered a few e-mails and the laundry.  I did cook but that took all of 5 minutes.
I just kept thinking
I need to do this.....
I need to do that.......
I need to research this.......
I need to write that.......
Guess what.......None of that got done.
 I played with my Little Man, talked with my Oldest Man, and then met up with the hubby.....day is gone and I didn't even make it through The Biggest Loser.  Not very productive but it was just nice being at home even if I didn't get anything major accomplished.  I have a lot on my plate and at times just feel over whelmed but I also have to realize that I created most of it so it is really my fault. 
Today will be a day of being back at work.
Get things done here and at lunch, make a list.
Make the list and then spend some time praying over it and see what needs to come off of it.
He will show me and tell me.
Then it will be one foot in front of another.
This is His day! Not mine and in Him I will rest!!!!!!!!

Laboring and Serving With You,
Doula Mama Pam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said! Thanks for the reminder!