Monday, November 15, 2010

No, I didn't fall of the face of the earth!!!!!

I am still here, believe it or not. So, I didn't get to post for the past few days. I just feel at times I have so much to share that I have to stop and really think through what I want to share. I had stopped with #9 so, let us get caught up today.

#10- BSF- Bible Study Fellowship- This is something I did a long time ago and loved it. Little did I know what a change that it would bring to my life. They were doing the Life of Moses that year. I went with every intention of staying and going all the way through with every year. Well, the Lord had other plans. I found out that my Teaching Leader, Hannah Thompson, would actually be traveling with me to India in a year or so and that had not even entered my mind. My Group Leader, Leslie would be a missionary in India and we would actually get to see her on the field while we were there. And once the year was over, I ended up at the Women's Ministry Director at our church for a year. Talk about the Lord moving. He was moving me everywhere!!!!!!!! I have now returned to BSF many years later. I used to dread Monday's but now, they are my favorite day of the week.

#11- My Church Staff- They are awesome!!!!! I love them dearly and pray for them regularly. Pastor Rick teaches the word, verse by verse. It may take us 3 weeks for 10 verses but I wouldn't have it any other way. Pastor Jim- He is an awesome Minister of Youth. He is an in-your-face youth pastor and doesn't miss a beat with all of his teens. You can't help but get excited. Pastor Forrest- Evangelism- Evangelism at heart. He can take you to the Throne room with EVERY prayer. Cindy- does she ever sits still? Occasionally - an awesome friend- Children's' Minister- so very busy and so passionate about the little ones from birth thu 5th grade. Of course all of the secretaries in the office are just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12- My work family- I work with a great group of people. Are we perfect? NOT!!!!! At the same time, I know that if any of us were in need of something, it would get done or get covered. Of course, there are those who are very close and know more than they probably should being a co-worker but at the same time, they are much more than that. We laugh together, get frustrated with the computers, laugh, fuss, encourage and every day is an adventure.

#13- Being a Doula- I could write in the section for hours but I won't do that. I LOVE BEING A DOULA!!!!! I believe without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord called me into being a Doula. I don't doubt for a minute that He orchestrates EVERY delivery. He leads those to me that He knows that I can help. He has so blessed me with 26 (and counting) deliveries that I wouldn't trade for the world. There is something about being invited into that room at that special and so very intimate moment with a Mom and Dad. It can be almost overwhelming. It is just amazing!!!!!! Because of being a Doula, I am now working on being a Childbirth Educator, Group Prenatal Facilitator, and who knows what could be next.

#14- Necessities- I have had the honor and privilege of being in a 3rd world country twice, and to Ukraine twice. We as Americans have so much and we are sometimes so very clueless. This Sunday while my hubby and my youngest took a nap, I cleaned. I mean, I had 3 boxes of "Stuff" and then 2 bags of clothes to give away. Partially I was ashamed that I had so much. I have watched women dressed in sari's that look like rags with huge baskets of bricks on top of their head go up 4 flights of stairs, put them down and go back and do this repeatedly for 8-10 hours a day. The key is that they have 2 sari's. One for everyday and one for the weddings and funerals. I have a closet over flowing with clothes. I have watched a precious group of Ukrainian women come to a Women's Bible Conference that last 3-4 days. All of the clothes, the blanket from home, and their Bible is all that they bring. Clothes- they may change ONE TIME!! if that!!! How many times do you change when you are out of town? The point is- I have a roof over my head. I have food in my pantry. We are healthy. Bills are paid. What more could we ask for? What do we need with all of that "Stuff".

#15- Scripture- The Bible is precious to me. I love the saying "Show me a Bible that is falling apart and I'll show you someone who is not" I realize that it is probably very silly but the other day I was looking at my Bible and noticed that the top corners on the spin are splitting. It's a leather bound one. That was the first thing that I thought of. My second was....would someone say that about me? Am I different? Do I project Him in my everyday life? Do others see or think that I have something that they want? Oh how I pray that they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am caught up now. YEAH!!!!! I promise I won't fall behind....hahahahaha. How is your list going? Are you thinking about what you are thankful for? It can be the simple. It can be the complicated. Just make your list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laboring and being Thankful With You,
Doula Mama Pam

No comments: