Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday---------Thankful

Well, I have made it to Tuesday. The sun is out and the weather is cool and crisp. I just love it. I was thinking this morning about being Thankful and what would I put on my list next. I think it would have to be "Being a Mother". Motherhood is something that most women want and desire. It is not easily gained by some that deal with infertility, recurrent loss or maybe even singleness.
Motherhood is a blessing. It is hard work. It is a challenge. It is rewarding. It is just awesome. My oldest was an easy child. He was a good baby. He didn't sleep until he was 18 months old. He did great in school. He is one of those kids that EVERYONE knows. He was the one that if someone was having difficulty or problems, they would always call and talk to Kyle. He is working hard with photography and has been in so many magazines. I'm just so proud of him!!!!!!
My middle was my challenge. She came to our family at the age of 8. She has a horrible background and with that came the temper, the mental illness, the rage and all of the other diagnosis that you can imagine. She is on her own. We don't have much contact and that is partially by court order and partially choice and partially protection.
My youngest was my total surprise blessing. He is almost 4 and I am amazed everyday with what comes out of his mouth. It is just amazing. He keeps me on my toes. He is active, loves sweets and chocolate and is the pickiest eater you will ever meet. He is a snuggle-er and I will drop everything when he wants to sit in my lap or lay down with me. He will be the age of my oldest before I know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, Motherhood is difficult at times. It's a challenge but at the same time, I wouldn't do it any other way!!!!!!!!!! I only pray that I am that Proverbs 31 Woman/Mother.

Love all of you- Kyle, Tonya and Kaleb!!!!!!!!!
Mom

No comments: