Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Catch-Up TIme

Well, I have tried to do this post for a week and couldn't seem to sit still long enough to do it.  Little Man is watching his allotted time on Nick Jr. and so I escaped for just a few.  We will see how fast these fingers can move. 
Hang on to your hats!!!!!!

1- Apology to all of the Stay at Home Mom's that I know and even the one's I don't know.  Why you ask?  Working since I was in High School, my dream was always to be a SAHM.  Of course I had it all wrong.  I had envisioned one thing and it has totally opened my eyes and all I can say is WOW!!!!!  Since being home and being layed-off, I have come to appreciate you more than ever.  Being a SAHM is wonderful, don't get me wrong but at the same time, it is a lot of work as well.  There is a 22+ year old that is looking for a job, going to school and trying to fill his portfolio with the most awesome pictures and trying to keep track of him is a job in  it's self.  Then there is the Hubby who goes to work every day because he LOVES his job (REALLY!!!) and never complains.  Then there is the cute little 4 year old that is learning independence every day is in constant need of something.  Of course there is laundry, food to prepare for dinner.  Now that we are at home, it's breakfast, lunch AND DINNER!!!!  Not to mention running errands and trying to stay on top of the house and have "teaching time" with said 4 year old.  OH MY!!!!!  How in the world did I get all of this done AND work......bottom line...I didn't!!!!!!  Hats off to the SAHM!!!!  I have a whole new appreciation for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-I had been praying and wondering what to do about Bible study for the summer because I needed the discipline.  Well, I have been asked to teach Disciplers, which is like BSF, at church on Wednesday nights.  SOOOO VERY EXCITED!!!!!!! 

3- Going to the community college tomorrow to talk about my options for school.  In a dream world I would love to get started this summer with basics on line and jump in in the fall.  Not sure that is going to work but it won't be for a lack of trying.  Options are somewhat limited but He knows what I am suppose to do and He will show me.  I have no doubt!!!!!!

4-I am back at running, going to the gym, sweating like a mad woman and LOVE IT!!!!!  It never fails that when anxiety starts, He takes me running or to the gym.  I have discovered an App. on my phone with the help of the 22+ year old and I can listen to the top 20 Christian Songs on the phone while I am pouring the sweat.  There is something about going out for a run and when you finish, all that sweat comes pouring out and it's like all of the stress, anxiety, overwhelmed feelings are just running.  I am sorry if that is sounding a bit gross but if you are a work-out person, you know what I am talking about. I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!

Well, Nick Jr is almost over for the morning so we are going to get moving.  It's so hot here, I don't think we will be doing a lot outside today but it will be a good day.  He has given me a new day.  I will rejoice in it!!!!!!

Doula Mama Pam

2 comments:

Tara said...

glad things are going well.

Cindy Hunter said...

which app?