Friday, August 28, 2009

Fantastic Friday!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!! We made it to Friday. What a very long, stressful, overwhelming week. It has just been one of those weeks. Ya know what I am talking about.!!!!?????

Well, it's Friday and it's kind of humid and drizzling rain outside. I had rather be at home in the house cleaning and doing other things but work is where I must be on this fabulous morning. What are your plans for the weekend? Even when we don't want to have a lot to do and just spend some time at home, we always end up with a check list that never gets completed but I guess that is just the way that life is.

The Hubby and I got new cell phones so of course we will need to go to the store and get all the numbers transferred. There is no way I have the patience to sit down and transfer over 130 contacts with some having multiple numbers. NOT A CHANCE when I can go somewhere and let them hook it up to a computer and press a button and everything is done. Are we spoiled or what????

Going to a corporate picnic on Saturday afternoon. Train-rides, face painting, clowns, food......hopefully the weather will be good.

Sunday-my favorite day----WORSHIP!!!!!!!! FELLOWSHIP!!!!!! with my Christian Family and Friends!!!!!!! Meet with my November Mom and Dad. They are just precious.

By the way, the BABY BABY EXPO this past weekend with Triad Mommies (http://www.triadmommies.com/) . It was GREAT!!!!! I met more people and met a lot of Mom's To Be and that was probably my favorite part. It was amazing to see some of the same people and then on the other hand meet a lot of new people and vendors. There were some AWESOME ideas and products. I actually left with over 21 Mom's To Be that were interested in receiving more information about Mother The Mother. I am getting my letter ready to send out on e-mail and we will see what happens. What I would love to see is at least 1/2 of them to call me!!!! WOULD THAT BE AWESOME!!!!! Maybe you know someone that is in need of a Doula. Please have them give me a call. I would love to talk with them. I can give them plenty of references as well. Enough about work stuff.....let's move on.

I had a conversation of sorts with a teen. She is really struggling and saying a lot of things that I don't think she realizes what she is saying. Being very casual with situations and discussions and boys. I was driving and there was a song that they play quite a bit on K-Love (http://www.klove.com/) and it talks about "falling in love with beautiful you". Forgive me because I can't remember his name. The song talks about how we need to realize that God made us the way we are and we are His. We are not THIS WORLD!!!! We can not depend on this world, our friends, other people to make us feel important, special, beautiful, lovely.....If we look at ourselves through the tender mercies and the unconditional love of our Heavenly Father, we can see who are in His eyes and THAT IS WHAT MATTERS. Not what the friends say, not what the world says but what He says about us. I've posted the lyrics at the bottom of the post. I pray that this teen would realize that she could, if she chooses to, turn it around, and realize that God has a plan for her. Pray for those precious young women that you know that may have started middle school, high school and even college. They are facing so much pressure to look, dress and behave in certain ways to be accepted. The only One that they need to please is their Heavenly Father!!!!!! Storm the gates of Heaven for these precious women!!!!!
Jonny Diaz - More Beautiful You From the album More Beautiful You
Little girl fourteen flipping through a magazine Says she wants to look that way. But her hair isn't straight her body isn't fake And she's always felt overweight. Well little girl fourteen I wish that you could see That beauty is within your heart. And you were made with such care your skin your body your hair. Are perfect just the way you are. There could never be a more beautiful you. Don't buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through. You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do. So there could never be a more beautiful you. Little girl twenty-one the things that you've already done. Anything to get ahead And you say you've got a man but he's got another plan. Only wants what you will do instead. Well little girl twenty-one you never thought that this would come You starve yourself to play the part. But I can promise you there's a man whose love is true And he'll treat you like the jewel that you are. Chorus So turn around you're not too far To back away be who you are To change your path go another way It's not too late you can be saved. If you feel depressed with past regrets. The shameful nights hope to forgets Can disappear they can all be washed away. By the one who's strong can right your wrongs. Can rid your fears dry all your tears. And change the way you look at this big world .He will take your dark distorted view. And with his light he will show you truth And again you'll see through the eyes of a little girl.


Have A FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!!!!

Laboring with You,
Doula Mama Pam

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a good thought. I listen to KLOVE too. :) I even have it on at work. Keeps my attitude in check.