Friday, August 21, 2009

Fantastic (it's) Friday!!!!!!

YEAH AND PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I MADE IT THROUGH ANOTHER WEEK!!!!!!
This has been a trying week. I'm not exactly sure what has made it so "trying". I know there is a lot going on. Anything from having a major event that I am taking part in on Sunday afternoon to the complete other end of the spectrum when you find out that your oldest son's girlfriends cousin committed suicide.
We found on Monday about the suicide. I was absolutely speechless. This was a young man who had graduated not that long ago from high school. He was 18 years old. He had his whole life ahead of him. He left behind a hurting and questioning family that will never be the same because of this loss. My heart just breaks for them. I immediately sent out an e-mail and text to all of my prayer warriors. This is a close family. From what I have seen of Amber's family, they all live so close together and quite a few live all on the same street. I have been praying and praying for them...yet, when I sit in the quiet of the moment when the Lord brings them to my mind, my eyes just well up with tears and my heart just breaks all over again and I can't even find the words to utter. I just have to depend on the Holy Spirit to know what and how I need to intercede for this precious family. Amber and Kyle have been together for over 2 years and they are so precious. Kyle has been with the family so much and knew this young man as well. Please continue to pray for them that the Lord would just wrap His arms around them and hold them while they are hurting so deeply for this loss.
We also had some issues with our daughter. Lot's of details that I chose not to share here. If you are a personal friend of the family then you already know. It was hard but there are consequences for our actions and sometimes, that is a tough lesson to learn.
On a completely different note...... I WENT BOWLING WITH A CHURCH LEAGUE!!!! You have to understand. My husband is like THE BEST!!! I'm talking 300 games, the whole thing. He has 3 bowling balls, rings, 2 pairs of bowling shoes. Well, you get the picture. I had always said....NOT ME!!!!! He is so competitive but I agreed to do it as long as this was just FUN!!! No competition. Let me tell you, I HAD A BLAST!!!!!! I had to use rented shoes....YUCK!!! Then I had to use the bowling balls there.....still trying to figure out what weight to use. It really was a lot of fun. It's been 20 years since I threw a ball but I will be back next Thursday to try again. No, we will NOT discuss scores. When I get better, we will talk scores. Check in on NOT ME Monday and I am sure this adventure last night will make it's way to Monday.....hahahaha
2 more things. Please pray for me on Sunday. It's the big EXPO. 2,000 people are expected!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! My name and Mothering The Mother will for sure be out. No doubt about that!!!! How cool!!!!! I'm a nervous wreck. I will be selling my earrings that I have made. I'm super excited about that as well. I will be taking orders for the Baby and Mom bracelets that I make. They are so sweet. I will of course take pictures and have them posted either Sunday evening or in the week next week. Keep in mind, the money from the earrings and bracelets will help me on a mission trip to Ukraine, I'm praying is in 2010.
Last but not least. I have chosen to add on to the blog. YEAH!!! Super Supper Saturday/Sunday. Please check in on Saturday if you are looking for something special to prepare for your family, your party or to take to an event. If you have some that you would like to share, please do so. I would love to hear from you.

That is it for now. Have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!!!!!

Laboring with You,
Doula Mama Pam

No comments: