Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!!

Wow, what a week it has been. I am just blown away and once again, the Lord never ceases to amaze me. I'm overwhelmed at times and just have to stand and be speechless because there are no words to express what I am thinking and feeling.
This week really kind of started last Saturday. I went to a luncheon of some friends that are getting married. The really cool thing is that I know both of them seperately and now they are getting married. They have both been through so much over the past years and to see them together on Saturday just blessed me beyond!!! They remind me of a couple that is about 20 and are giddy, excited, hand-holding, smiling ALL the time and counting down days, hours, minutes and wouldn't be surprised if seconds are in there to. A true marriage made by the Creator!!!!!
Then we go to church on Sunday. We are so heavely blessed with children in our church. Anyone from the age of birth all the way through the Seniors in high school. There is a board that was posted with all of the vacancies in the Sunday School times. I have stopped and pondered the board every Sunday since they put it up. I finally wrote my name on the sheet that stated you would be interested or would want to work. I said nothing to no one. Not even my husband. Just really struggling with leaving my Sunday School class full of precious women that I love dearly. The phone rings Sunday evening and it's a friend from church and he talks to Bo and asks him if we would be interested in teaching the upcoming year. I could do nothing but be completely blown away. We are still praying over it and will hopefully nail that down soon.
Doula Duties. Well, they have been kind of quiet. I have had 2 deliveries and will be making the home visits not this Saturday but probably the next. I will get their permission and see if I can post some pictures. They were precious. I still have the one for September and the Lord has just really opened the flood gates. I now have one for September, October, November and December, January, February, and March. Then I got a call from someone yesterday who saw my flyer......WOW is the only thing I can say. It is just such a humbling experience to be asked to come in and share such a time with a couple. I just have to stand in awe!!!!
Last Sunday, we heard a sermon that really hit me. To know God. I don't mean just to be able to quote scripture and verse and have just head knowledge. I mean KNOW HIM personally and intimately. Do I recognize when I see Him at work? Do I hear Him when He speaks to me? Am I walking with Him or am I in front or behind Him? When I started this Doula business, it was truly from Him. He has designed it and He knows what I need and when. I have watched Him work in ways that I can't put into words and it just awesome. "Doula" comes from a Greek word meaning "servant". That is what I am to these women and these families. I also am a servant of HIS!!! That is first and foremost. Who or what are you a servant of today? Your job? Your family? Your children's activities? Your hobby? I could go on and on but I have to close for now.
I pray that you KNOW HIM!!!!! If not, please leave a comment, send me an e-mail and let me show you how!!!!! Have an awesome day!!!!! See you tomorrow for FLASHBACK FRIDAY!!!!!!

Laboring With You,
Doula Mama Pam

1 comment:

Chucky-D said...

Oh, and about the 20's comment, we are 49 and 55! Can't be a better blessing than this woman I am marrying. God is so good!