Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Entered a Contest.....What Was I Thinking

I LOVE my K-Love radio station. Of course I am working on this last bit of weight that I have to lose. It seems like it has taken me forever but I am NOW working VERY hard. I even have people I am teaching to Run/Walk and one that I am meeting with at a gym at least once a week to get her started. So anyway, I was listening to the Scott and Kelli show the other night driving home from work and they encourage you to call in or e-mail or Facebook something to them and they are doing "New U in 52". Cool idea!!!!! Anyway, if you sent in a "testimony" of sorts and they read it on the air, you could win this or that. The whole winning this or that was not my point. My point was that I have been the "big-girl", "the overweight Mom", the PCOS patient, the one struggling with infertility. I just wanted to encourage someone. So this is what I sent in. No, I did not win anything BUT I am winning the war against being overweight!!!!!

Hi Scot and Kelli,
My name is Pam. I am 41 years old and love the ministry of K-Love. You all have been used by God more than you will ever know. I am a wife and mom, working full-time-plus. I heard about your challenge/contest on the radio coming home this evening and could not help but want to share my story. Fighting weight has always been a struggle for me. To this day it is still a struggle. I wanted to share my story as encouragement to those out there that are where I have been. I had my first baby at the age of 20 and life was good. I was not overweight and didn't seem to struggle at that point. And then the news came that I would never have any more children. I was 22 and devastated. I spent so much time in prayer begging to get pregnant just one more time. Through all of the thoughts of doing infertility treatments and what that would cost and being frustrated with life, I gained weight. Not just a little but A LOT!!!! I had gone from a size 12 to wearing almost a size 20-22. I was miserable. I would eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it. It was awful. I look at the pictures now and it literally makes me physically sick. The Lord knew his timing and when my oldest was 18, I had my second baby. Yes, I have one in college and one in daycare!!!!
I have an awesome friend (Thank you Mish!!!!) that got me on a treadmill at the YMCA and told me to run for 30 seconds and I told her she was out of her mind. NOT A CHANCE!!!!. I finally gave in just to get her to leave me alone. Now, almost 10 years later, I have run a full marathon, 2 1/2 marathons and planning on at least one this year if not 2. I woke up and realized that my body is HIS temple and I needed to take care of it. I was miserable physically, emotionally and spiritually. Being overweight and unhealthy affects EVERY part of your life. I am not finished with what I need to lose. To date I am 65 pounds lighter than I was and have about 35 more to lose. I am on my way. HE that began a good work in me is not done yet. It's going to be a great 2010 and I am going to win my battle over weight. !!!!!!Thank you for taking the time to read my testimony. I love your show and K-Love. Keep up the Kingdom work.
Running His Race,
Pam
PS- here is my blog that I write on daily and a picture of my husband and I before I ran my marathon. I have now added a sidebar on my blog that keeps me in check and accountable to all of my blogreaders.
http://motheringthemotherinnc.blogspot.com/2009/09/wordless-wednesday_16.html

I posted this to encourage you. If you are struggling, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!! Hang in there, work hard and it WILL happen!!!!!!!

Laboring and Getting Fit With You,
Doula Mama Pam

No comments: