Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nothing Really Connected Post

I just finished writing on the church's women's ministry blog.  That was fun!  Trying to get more people involved and get input.  Not sure why that seems so hard sometimes but it just seems that it is.

Read at least 2-3 other women's blogs about misc. things and the one thing that keeps coming up is books.  I have to confess, it has been a long time since I read a book.  I LOVE TO READ but here lately, everything that I read is very "birthy".  Not a lot of reading for the enjoyment so to speak.  Don't get me wrong, I read those things beause I do enjoy them and love to talk about them but to read a "non-birthy" something, well, lets just say that it has been a while. Really feeling the need to read here lately.  Maybe I should get a Kindle and then I wouldn't have to carry around all of the books.  My Mom got one for Christmas.  Maybe I need to make an investment....hahahaha

Well, we went to the circus last night.  Yes, Kaleb's first ever trip to the circus.  We went with Tara, Troy, Ethan, Caden and Sophie.  It was a grand time.  I had no idea it would be as long as it was but it was so worth it.  We got there early to visit all of the animals. Then we found out seats and when the show started, I am not sure that Kaleb breathed for the first 20 minutes.  We got home about 10:45pm and we were exhausted.  We had so much fun.  I am still amazed at the cost of the toys, food and souviners that they had.  IT WAS RIDICULOUS!!!!! and people were buying it like there was no tomorrow. I mean $15 for a snow-cone?????  I gave in at intermission and bought binochulars for the 4 kids and hat for Bo (it didn't fit.....I tried!!!!!).  It is something we will for sure go back again next year. The lighting was difficult for pictures.  When I took them with my little camera the screen kept popping up black so I changed to using my phone. Now I have to get them off the phone.

Kaleb had proclaimed that he was bringing home an elephant. Of course, this has been the topic of many conversations about where to keep it, what to feed it, and how to get it home. Of course he had an answer everytime we talked about it.  After seeing exactly how big they were last night, he decided he was not going to bring one home.  WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!!!!  He decided that he wanted a horse instead.....oh dear!!!!!!! 

I know I talk about BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) a lot on here.  I know there are a lot of you that take BSF. My question is, have you ever done Disciplers Bible Study?  I remember doing them at Cornerstone years ago.  It is written and done just like BSF and I think that is why I like them so much.  I'm praying about one for the summer.  Location is my first thought and where to do it. My other thought is which one to do. Not to mention all of the other details with doing a bible study. Just praying about it.....I'll keep you posted and if you have any thoughts, ideas or comments, I would love to hear them!!!!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!!!!  Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doula Mama Pam

No comments: