Thursday, February 3, 2011

Well, It is official......

Group Prenatal Care is Off the Ground at Eagle Ob/Gyn.  There are no words to tell you how excited, nervous, nauseated, sweating, tearful and prayerful that it has been getting this up and going. So very much to do and so much to read and edit and do this and that and copy this and that and go here and go there and WHEW!!!!  It went off this morning without a hitch.
Let me first say, there was a huge hitch and then another hitch this week coming up to it.
I realized that we didn't and wouldn't have the brochures here before we got started.
I realized that a physician had not read over the book.
I realized the table of contents would be all wrong because we had to delete somethings and add some things.
I realized that I was in panic mode.
I realized that I didn't have a notebook/folder or anything to put the above mentioned book in.
I was a basket case this week.
I had been calm, cool and collected and then all of the sudden PANIC. I don't mean a little, I mean HUGE GIGANTIC PANIC!!!!!!  I am talking heart racing, tears running and shaking.  It was not a pretty picture if you had seen me last night standing in the kitchen.
I have an awesome prayer warrior that I received an e-prayer from this morning.  I was absolutely amazed.  His timing is perfect. I drove into work this morning. I sat in the car for a minute and that fear just flooded me again. I grabbed my phone and read that prayer again. I gained composure and set off to get this thing started.
My first official Group was made up of ONE (1) (Uno). I sat and taught and talked and just had a great time. I think she did to. I then ask the question I always do..."Do you have any questions or concerns before we end our time?" She looked at me and fell apart. She had lost a friend this week and was grieving and scared the stress would be a problem in her pregnancy. We talked, she cried, I encouraged, she cried. It was pure Holy Presence in that room.
Of course there were CHOICES to be made this past week......
If we had more Mom's, would she have said anything? Probably Not
If I had chosen to cancel because I only had one? I would have missed the blessing
If I had cut it short and not stayed as long would she have shared? Probably Not.
It's all about choice and how you choose to look at it.  He knew she was to be here. I knew He had planned today. I am overwhelmed once again at the Lord that I serve.  He is JUST AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and your prayers.  I am blessed right out of my socks!!!!!!!

Doula Mama Pam

No comments: