Thursday, July 14, 2011

Praise Update

So I shared the other day about this new direction of NURSING that we are headed. Well, I sat and poured over the 5 pages of criteria and the point system and what was next and where to start and was feeling good about what was happening but at the same time, fear, panic and a million other emotions were creeping in.  This past Tuesday there was a "Mandatory Nursing Student Meeting".  It's good for one year. It is part of Part 1 of the criteria.  OK- check. That has been done.  I brought in my 5 pages to take notes on. 
I got there 45 minutes early. I was NOT going to be late.  I waited. I read the GTCC Catalog. I waited and as I watched, more and more students were appearing around me.  By the time they opened the door, there were probably 45-50 women and about 10 men.  They actually had to go to another room to get chairs.  They were not kidding when they said, "If you are late, you will not be allowed in".  They LOCKED THE DOORS!!!  Some poor person was about 5 minutes late and she knocked for at least 5 minutes and we were not allowed to open the door. 
I listened.
I took notes.
I wrote almost everything she said. 
She was GREAT!!!  The information explained so much more than what is on the computer.  There are things that you MUST DO!!   Those are the things that are required and must be accomplished in order for you to complete this program.  So, you maybe asking....what are they?????  Well, let me first tell you the fantastic part.
I am after the PN Program.  It's one year in the Nursing Program to do the PN.  When you complete it you can sit for the NC Board of Nursing Exam to be an LPN. Why in the world would I want to do an LPN and not do the RN.  I NEED THE INITIALS BEHIND MY NAME SOON!!!!!  I'll explain more about that at a later time.  Anyway, I have until April to get the Phase 1 and 2 part.  OK, I can do that.  Then they started talking about the numbers and the points.  This is where I was so very worried.  Bottom line....anyone starting is on level ground.  This is great.  Then she explains that yes, they may have 200 people apply.  Then only 140 will even complete Phase 1 and then only 100 complete Phase 2 and then you get into the number of spaces available for the program either night and weekend or day OR......THE PN PROGRAM!!!!!  Last year.....in the RN Program, everyone got in and even all of the alternates got in.  Are you sitting down....EVERYONE GOT IN THE PN PROGRAM.......I thought I was going to bust a gut. I thought I would have church right there on the spot. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!    HE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS AND I JUST SAW ONE NOT ONLY MOVE BUT COME TUMBLING DOWN!!!!!!
I know that this may confuse you and it may sound very jumbled but my GOD is making a way and I am just standing and watching Him do it. 
So, of course, the evil one is up to his antics.  I come home and so very excited.  Hubby asked about the Financial stuff we had turned in.  I go to the computer and it states mine is "INCOMPLETE".  It can't be!!!  I turned in the stuff.  I was devastated and cried my eyes out.  Then there was this peace that came over...."I got this.  Trust me."  OK, calmness and will take care of tomorrow. 
Called the office.  No, they don't have it. I pulled it back out and returned back to the school to drop it off.  DONE!! Now we just wait for the letter or e-mail. 
Then he hits me again today......looking at the classes I need and want to do on line and they are full/closed.  Panic again.  What am I going to do now?  That sweet voice, Relax...........e-mail the Advisor.  E-mail DONE! Now I wait. 
So, next to the "Journey back to MB Half Marathon" Log will be the Prayer Request Runner.  I have chosen to post to be a testimony to what the Lord can do.  Join me, won't you?????  This is gonna be good!!!!!!!

Doula Mama Pam-Nursing Student!!!!!

No comments: