Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughtful Thursdays



Oh my goodness.....2 post in one day..........I must be feeling like writing....what a pleasant treat!!!! Well, don't get to excited. This is actually a copy. A copy of a post that I posted on my Church's Women's Ministries Blog. You can go check it out here. One of my great friends named Tara and I do the postings and come up with whatever the focus is. Tara and I share it so it's not so hard. I chose to go ahead and post this here so that I could share this with you.

Good Morning! Good Afternoon! Good Evening! Depending on when you are reading this. If you are a member of Cornerstone, you heard this on Sunday. If you are not, please let me give you a little bit of introduction. Pastor Rick is preaching through the book of James. Probably one of my favorites and it has so much in it. He was preaching on James 4:13-17. He was talking about boasting.
How many times have I studied this book?
How many times have I heard these particular scriptures shared?
Have you ever had something happen where you are brought to familiar scripture and the Lord just flips the switch and you see it and read it and it jumps off the page at you? I call it an "Ah-Ha" Moment. So he posed this question. "What do you boast about? Well, that question has stuck with me the entire week. I keep going back to it. Thinking and pondering what I boast about and listening to myself and others talk.
So..........What do you boast about?
As a wife and Mom, my first and immediate thought was.....
My children and my husband.
I thought about things like....
I have a roof over my head.
I have a job.
I have some education.
I have a family that loves me.
I have a few dollars in the bank.
I have medical insurance.
What about you?
What do you boast about?
The house you live in.
The money you have.
The car you drive.
The education and degrees that you have hanging on the wall.
Then Rick said something that was my true "Ah-Ha" moment. ALL OF THOSE THINGS CAN BE TAKEN AWAY. OH my goodness!!!
The ONE THING that we should be bragging about....
The ONE WHOM we should be bragging about.....
JESUS!!!!!
God loves us!
God sent His Son to die for us!
We can have a relationship with Him!
He cares for us!
He wants so much for us!
He is alive and active!
Think on this today.What do you brag/boast about?When was the last time you bragged on the Lord

Laboring and Thinking With You,
Doula Mama Pam

No comments: