Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cotton Fields.......

We were blessed to go to the beach this past weekend for some rest.  When I say rest, we REALLY rested.  I believe this is the first time that I have gone to the beach and not bought ANYTHING.  I mean we went to the outlets and walked around.  We went and had dinner at our favorite places but literally bought nothing.  Typically we buy clothes and house-stuff but not this time.  It was VERY strange.  Going back to work full-time is great but being MUCH older than I used to be makes it a little more physically demanding so to speak.  So therefore.....we rested!!!!!!!!!

On our way home, we passed a very interesting sight.  A field of cotton.  Yes, cotton.  I can remember when I was little and going to see my Granny and Daniel and their were cotton fields everywhere.  I don't think there was a time, that it was ready for harvest, that we didn't stop and get some so that I could take it to school for show and tell.  Yes, I will take those 10 or 20 Extra Credit Points....thank you!  It was just amazing to see.  We passed where they already had 2 of those huge bales that had already been picked and in a big huge roll.  I explained to Kaleb what we were looking at.  Not sure he understood and probably really didn't understand when Mommy got out of the car and pick a twig with 2 cotton blooms on them.  We talked about cotton balls and Q-tips.  I'm sure he was not  impressed but I was busy thinking and remembering. 

In the midst of seeing the cotton fields, my mind left and went to the scriptures for a while. 
He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Luke 10:2.  I thought about my friends that have left the country to be missionaries.  One couple has returned and another just left.  The Lord made it clear that they were to go.  The harvest is plentiful and they answered His call. 
Yet we here in the states, in our neighborhoods, on our streets, in our homes, in our groups of friends.....is the harvest plentiful?  Are you busy being a worker for the harvest?  As we drove along the road, I couldn't help but wonder if the Lord sees groups of people as those cotton plants. 
Ready! Bloomed! White fields! Just Waiting! for that harvester, farmer, to come and harvest.  Is He waiting for me in my "field" of influence to harvest?  It was almost an overwhelming thought as we drove a long.  What am I doing?
Where am I busy working and planting, watering and sowing and preparing ground for the one who may do the harvesting?  Just because I took part doesn't mean I that I will see the final bloom.  That is OK.  As long as I did what He ask of me.  That is what is important! 
What about you? 
Do you see or live in a field of white? 
It was truly something to ponder.

No comments: