Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Work and Home

Well, it is official.  I am done with training at work.  I have enough notes to choke a horse but feel pretty good about what I have learned.  I had 2 GREAT cheerleaders/trainers at work.  Gail worked and trained with me during the day time and Amber was my night time trainer.  It was a lot to take in but I feel REALLY good about it.  Of course, I am sure something totally unexpected will happen Thursday night and I'm ready for that.  Kind of expecting it.

Home front is good except for me.  Trying to manage sleep and working nights is a bit more difficult for me than I think anyone else.  I come home and go to bed.  Literally!  Wake up, get Kaleb and then it's usually almost time for work.  I think I am just missing all that time we had together this summer.  Not being here at bedtime is a little hard because that is "snuggle-time".  Kyle on the other hand is up into the early morning hours and that is just awesome.  I can text/chat with him when I go on break at 1:00am.  There are not a lot of people up at that hour.  The other part that I miss so greatly is my Doula "business" and teaching Childbirth Classes.  There is just no way of doing that right now.  I do good to get done with what I need to.  That was the hardest thing to stop doing!!!!!!!  On the flip side of that the Hubby has kind of taken over making sure the laundry is done and said that I don't have to worry about dinner on the nights I have to be at work at 7pm.  ABSOLUTE BLESSING!!!!!!  I just need to be willing to give up that control and for me, that is a huge STRUGGLE to do because I feel like I'm not doing what a Mom/Wife should be doing.  It's a lot of adjustment but the 4 day work week and the once a month (and sometimes twice) 3 day weekends, sure are a sweet bonus!!!!!!!! 

Time Management is key for me. 
What is important? 
Do I have to do it right now?
Is this something that can wait for the weekend? 
Those are the key questions. 
How do you manage your time?  Please feel free to share your thoughts.....ideas and how you do it ALL. 

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow!!!!!!
Pam

No comments: