Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

Thoughtful Thursday.......

I was on my Facebook page this morning and my dearest friends who are missionaries in Ukraine put up a posting.
"1.6BILLION have never heard the name of Jesus-How many will I pass by today?"

Have you ever thought about that? Have you ever considered how many people that really is? Have you ever considered that amount of people being eternally separated from Him for eternity? I'm overwhelmed at the thought.

I had the privilege of attending the Maha Kumbh Mela in India back in 2001. It was a seen like I have never seen before. It was something that will be etched in my mind for the rest of my life. We were with a group and had the opportunity to witness such an event. This was a big year for the festival. This Maha Kumbh Mela only happens once every 144 years. I was overwhelmed and in awe at the fact the Lord allowed me to be there.
As we made our way through the MASSIVE drove of people, the animals, the small children running around we got to a bridge. As we stood on that bridge all you could see were people and more people. It looked like a gray ocean of movement. It was not even real appearing. Words just can not describe that over whelming feeling. As we made our way down to the Ganga River we managed to find an opening on the bank. We were told that under no circumstances were we to "share". We watched as people would dip plastic containers into the water that was muddy, dirty, just filthy, put a lid on it and take it home with them to allow the sick and dying to drink. This was Holy Water to them. We watched people of every age go down and bathe in this water. Chanting and counting the times the went down and even under the water. As I squatted watching what was taking place before me, I can still see it in my mind, the lady with her baby. This precious little one in the water with her mother. She was bathing this child in the water. I could do nothing but let the tears fall. It was so overwhelming. As Jim has said soooo many times. That was the biggest blessing to be able to have witnessed such an event but at the same time so difficult. We stood on the banks of that river with 60 MILLION people and knowing in our heart we had The Answer!!!! The ONLY Answer!!!! AND WE SAID NOTHING!!!!! The princes of darkness was having his day BUT THE LORD IS GOING TO HAVE HIS!!!!!! I have seen 60 million people that I believe in my heart are dying and going to spend eternity in hell away from the Lord. You may have never seen such but you have seen that neighbor, that co-worker or even that family member. It's time for us to get up and get out!!!!! Stop sitting on our laurels and do something.!!!!!!!!
Think on these things today. What kind of witness are you being for Christ? Are sitting on the banks and say nothing? I pray that I am NOT!!!!!!!

Laboring With You,
Doula Mama (Pam)

No comments: