Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Breast Cancer Testimony!!!!!!!

I am so excited to share this!!!!!!!! I am just so blessed to see how the Lord is working and healing. Many of you may know Darlene and her sweet family. Thank you so much Darlene for taking the time to share the Lord's work in your life!!!!!!

I am a breast cancer survivor. I was diagnosed five years ago as of this November 1st. It was two days before my 35th birthday and I was pregnant with my fourth child at the time. In spite of all the uncertainty, fear, questions, anger, devastation, and heartbreak, I can look back now and see how God worked as the Master Planner and carried me every step of the way. My unborn son and my three small children (ages 6, 3, and 1 1/2 at the time) were exactly the motivation I needed to survive. My pregnancy was a miracle in itself and I had peace as I trusted that God allowed me to conceive this baby that I might raise him along with my three other children. He is now a very healthy, talkative, social, lovable 4 year old and we are so blessed!


Due to my young age at the time of diagnosis, I was tested for the BRCA gene and found that I have BRCA1, which predisposes for breast and ovarian cancer. With no family history of breast cancer, this was a shock. However, with the information that BRCA1 significantly increases the risk of ovarian cancer and recurrence of breast cancer, the decision to have a double mastectomy and have my ovaries removed was an easy decision to make. I wanted to do all I could, within my power, to maximize my chances of living a healthy life. As a result of having all of my God-given female parts removed :), I have a less than 5% chance of recurrence. I am so grateful for technology and the information it provides which can be used to save lives.


The past four years have been the best of my life. I am so thankful for a merciful God who preserved my life during a time when I did not know Him. Clearly, He knew the plans He had for me and didn't want me to miss them!

In His hands,
Darlene Boan


Thank you again Darlene for your willingness to share!!!!!!

No comments: