Friday, October 8, 2010

Breast Cancer Testiomony

I am excited to get to post some of these testimonies. I was excited when the first person that responded to me was my Mom. I knew she would do it and so glad that she did. Hers is short and sweet but I remember the day like it was yesterday. I remember where I was, what we were doing, how I responded. I guess I can write one to. I just might do that..... Anyway, here is my Mom's. I'm so thankful for her. I take her for granted and don't tell her very often like I should but I LOVE YOU MOM!!!! I only pray that I can be like you when I grow up.......


I was diagnosed with breast cancer in December of 1993. My cancer was found only because my daughter, Pam, insisted that I have a physical and a mammogram done. The cancer showed up on my mammogram. Because it was found early, I was advised to have only radiation treatments. I began my treatments in January of 1994 and completed them on April 15, 1994. Since that time, I have been cancer-free. During that time, it was prayers and support of family and friends that got me through the difficult days. I thank God that my daughter insisted on the mammogram.

I would encourage every woman to have a mammogram each year, and I am faithful in doing that now. I am living proof that mammograms and prayer works.


Thanks for sharing!!!!!! Love you!!!!!

Doula Mama Pam
Midwife-wanna-be

No comments: