Thursday, August 4, 2011

Homebirth Story- Day 4

When my husband and I found out we were expecting we decided to go to a Birthing Center rather than a hospital. I was excited about the birthing center because it had more of a home feeling then a hospital does but was glad that it was close to a hospital. In case something didn’t go as planned we could get there in no time. That’s why I was nervous about having a home birth to begin with. I have heard all these horror stories about child birth and I just felt more comfortable knowing that I could get somewhere fast.

After going to the birthing center for a while we realized that maybe that wasn’t the best thing. We realized even though it was the more natural approach to child birth they still didn’t see eye to eye with what we wanted. That is when my husband and I started discussing having a home birth again and I didn’t feel so nervous about doing a home birth anymore. I felt like God was telling me that this is what we should do..
After we had made our decision we emailed a few midwifes and found one that was available and set up a time to meet. After meeting with her we had someone that we liked and that we could trust with our pregnancy and our baby.. Now that I had found a midwife I feel like this is what was meant to be. Instead of driving to appointments to a doctor’s office, everything is done in the privacy of our own home.
When I went into labor I wasn’t even sure that it was labor at the time. I progressed so fast that I was only in labor for 5 hours and my midwife barely made it there in time. After having my beautiful baby boy I was able to just get into bed and stay there. I didn’t have to think about getting home and settled in. When I was in labor I was more comfortable being at home than I would have ever been at a hospital. I didn’t have any one pressuring me into taking any kind of medicine or having a bunch of nurses and doctors coming in and out of the room. I was in my own home, in a more intimate setting with just my husband and midwife. I also feel like that is why my labor was so quick, because I didn’t have all that stress.
After all that said and done, I am so glad I had a home birth. I would definitely do a home birth again, not question about it.

Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!!!

No comments: