Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So Now What?

Well, I have accepted a job I think that I am going to love!!!!!
We found a childcare program for Kaleb yesterday that is perfect for the family that has a parent on 3rd Shift.
Kaleb liked it so much, he cried when we left.
Dropping off papers today.
It's 60+ degrees this morning and it is just beautiful!!!!!
Thinking a run is in order for today.

Nursing Secretary/Monitor Tech.....what in the world????  Well, the Nursing Secretary is the one who is at the nurses station that will answer the phone, answer you if you are the patient in the room trying to find your nurse, assist the MD's with orders, answer questions, work on charts...you name it, we do it.
Monitor Tech is the one watching the heart monitors of the patients.  If you are on a monitor in your room, it is linked to the nurses station.  There is someone there to watch to make sure all is well.  If something changes or a lead is loose, I would notify your nurse and she would come and check on you. 
The very cool thing is that I get to float.  Float all over the hospital.  Neuro, Cardio, Med/Surg, ICU, CCU, Stepdown....everywhere.  VERY excited about all of it. 

So thankful we have somewhere for Kaleb.  That was going to be hard but He had it planned and of course, worked beautifully. I will be the one having a hard time once work starts.  Being at home for these last months has been really wonderful with Kaleb and with Kyle (when he is at home).  Going back will be harder for me than for him but he is excited about his "new school".  That makes it so much easier!!!!!

 I am just amazed at how He works all things.  It's been a roller coaster ride for sure but not one thing would I change.  Pastor Forrest preached a few weeks ago about being desperate for the Lord.  For me, part of being desperate is being dependent. 
I am one who wants to be "In-Control". 
I like to know the plan.
What is next?
Where are we going?
What are we doing?
Why are we doing this?
What is the quickest way to get it done?
Do it right or don't do it at all! (that came from my Daddy). 
Well, let's just say, that since April 29, 2011 I have learned to be desperate and dependent.  There is no other way to describe it.  It has NOTHING to do with weakness.  It has EVERYTHING to do with being a follower of His!!!!!! 

Hope you have a wonderful day!!!!  Thanks for stopping by!!!!!!

Pam

No comments: